If your MINI was written off, for example, due to a fire, theft or road traffic accident, you would probably end up being out of pocket. Your insurer is unlikely to give you back the price you paid for your MINI.
Also, if you bought your car using finance, your insurance pay out may not be enough to cover the balance you owe your finance company. MINI Shortfall offers you protection against losing out in these tricky situations.
If your MINI is declared a total loss by your motor insurer your MINI Shortfall cover will pay:
- The comprehensive motor insurer's settlement figure and the vehicle invoice price,
- The comprehensive motor insurer's settlement figure and the outstanding finance amount
whichever is greater.
Motor insurers will generally pay you the market value of your car at the time it is written off. With MINI Shortfall you are covered for any change in value, no matter how old your car is (including any depreciation).
BENEFITS OF MINI SHORTFALL INSURANCE
- Immediate cover for new and Approved Used MINIs, with no mileage limit.
- Cover available for 1, 2, 3 or 4 years.
- You can pay for your policy either in one payment or 12 monthly instalments (at no extra cost).
- If your MINI is written off or stolen (and not recovered) in the first 12 months and you make a claim under the 'new for old' replacement car benefit of your car insurance policy, the remaining term of your Shortfall policy will be transferred to your new car.
- Unlimited cover for MINI Centre fitted options and accessories.
- We’ll also pay up to £500 to cover any excess you have to pay as part of this motor insurance claim, for the full duration of this policy.
Paint and fabric protection products, included in the invoice price, are covered.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply.
To find out more about MINI Shortfall visit miniprotect.co.uk or contact your MINI Centre. If you need further help you can call MINI Protect Services on 0345 641 9736.
This website only provides a guide to the cover provided by MINI Shortfall Insurance and does not include the full terms and conditions which can be found in the policy document by visiting MINI Protect.
MINI Shortfall Insurance is administered by AWP Assistance UK Ltd. Registered in England, No 1710361. Registered Office PO Box 74005, 60 Gracechurch Street, London, EC3P 3DS and is underwritten by AWP P&C SA. AWP Assistance UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority No 311909.